Mizmor Watzman was born and raised in Jerusalem. She is a graduate of Sapir Academic College, the Department of Film – Animation track. Her final project, “A Thing So Small,” has been screened to date at over thirty festivals in Israel and worldwide, and won several prizes.
She is currently working on developing her next film, “The Goat,” as well as working on a mobile puppet theater and creating puppets and scenery for the theater.
“A Thing So Small”, Animation, Israel, 2013, 8:48 minutes – Creator.
- Cinema South Festival, Sderot, Israel, 6/13. Winner of the “Production Prize.” Judges reasoning: With “A Thing So Small,” we underwent an experience made up of many careful details, integrated and woven together to build an entire world which is both intelligent and touches the heart. The production successfully managed the ensemble and provided the viewer with a complete experience filled with meaningful content and shape.
- Festival Animix – Asif Program, Tel Aviv, Israel, 8/13.
- Haifa Film Festival, Israel, 9/13. Winner of an Honorable Mention. Judges reasoning: The honorable mention was given for a sensitive, convincing story transmitted using complex, exact animation.
- Women’s Festival, Rehovot, Israel,10/13. Winner of “Judges Council’s Prize to a Short Narrative Film Creator.” Judges reasoning: In Mizmor’s film, we were exposed to a delicate story which touches on love and death from the perspective of a little girl. The visual originality achieved using the two different animations creates an exceptional world for us. The film allows us to easily identify with the emotional difficulty of the protagonist, while preserving the clean simplicity of the story. In the film, the director combines a surreal, imaginary world with everyday reality, finding a surprising way to express the girl’s emotions. Therefore, we are happy to present the creator with this prize.
- The Judges Council for the Prize to a Short Narrative Film Creator.
- Big Cartoon Festival, 10/13, Moscow
- Etiuda&Anima, 11/13, Krakow, Poland
- San Diego Jewish Film Festival, 2/14, United States
- Watersprite Cambridge International Student Film Festival, 3/14, England
- Santa Cruz Jewish Film Festival, 4/14, United States
- A Corto di Donne- Women’s Short Film Festival, April 10-13, 2014, Italy
- TrickFilm-Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film, New Israeli Animation Program, Germany, April 22-27, 2014.
- Annual Austin Jewish Film Festival, March 29 – April 4, 2014, United States
- Judaica – 1ª Mostra de Cultura e Cinema, 5/14, Portugal
- International Animation Festival- Chile Monos, 5/14, Chile
- Flying Broom International Women’s Film Festival, May 9-16, 2014
- Maremetraggio International Short Film Festival, June 25 – July 5, 2014, Italy
- NAFF Neum International Animation Film Festival, May 28 – June 4, 2014, Bosnia Herzegovina, Winner of the “Best Student Film” Prize.
- Short Film Festival of Grenoble, July 1-6, 2014, France
- Cartoon Club, July 4-28, 2014, Italy
- Capalbio Cinema International Film Festival, July 24-27, 2014, Italy
- Lucania Film Festival, August 10-13, 2014, Italy
- Anibar Animation Festival, August 5-10, 2014, Serbia
- Deep Fried Film Festival, August 30 – September 6, 2014, Scotland
- Hiroshima International Film Festival, August 21-25, 2014, Japan
- Cologne International Video Art Festival, 9/2014, France
- Croq’Anime “Festival of Animated Film of Paris,” October 10-14, 2013, France
- The International Animated Film Festival KROK, September 29 – October 6, 2014, Russia.
- Animasyros International Animation Festival, October 2-5, 2014, Greece
- Balkanima, October 7-11, 2014, Serbia. Winner of an Honorable Mention.